The new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): What is it? Does it apply to you? What do you have to do to be in compliance with GDPR? Here are some helpful resources:
The Ultimate Guide to WordPress and GDPR Compliance (in Plain English)
May 22, 2018
Are you confused by GDPR, and how it will impact your WordPress site? GDPR, short for General Data Protection Regulation, is an European Union law that you have likely heard about. We have received dozens of emails from users asking us to explain GDPR in plain English and share tips on how to make your WordPress site GDPR compliant. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about GDPR and WordPress (without the complex legal stuff).
To help you easily navigate through our ultimate guide to WordPress and GDPR Compliance, we have created a table of content below:
Table of Contents
- What is GDPR?
- What is required under GDPR?
- Is WordPress GDPR Compliant?
- Areas on Your Website that are Impacted by GDPR
- Best WordPress Plugins for GDPR Compliance
Some other sources you might want to consult:
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR compliance | SAS
- GDPR Compliance Checklist
- What is the GDPR, its requirements and deadlines? | CSO Online
- 6 steps for GDPR compliance | CSO Online
- 5 Ways to Make Your Database GDPR-Compliant – DZone Security
- GDPR Compliance and Data Collection: How To Make It Work – EContent Magazine
- GDPR: What it Means for Google Analytics Online Marketing