Windows 10 is proving to be a very nice update to Windows 7 or 8, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further.
I started with Start10, the first Windows 10 Start menu alternative. This recreates the Windows 7 type Start menu while still giving you links to Windows 10 features. The cost is $4.99 USD (or $3.99 USD if you previously purchased Start8 for Windows 8).
Some other utilities, tweaks, and fixes:
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker (Windows 8) Freeware (works with Windows 10
- Free Windows 10 Training Videos
- Enable Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow, Here’s How
- Hide Those Annoying Live Tiles From The Win10 Start Menu
- Three Windows 10 Start menu tweaks that subtly improve your experience | PCWorld
- Eight Lesser-Known Windows 10 Features and Settings Worth Exploring
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing
- Fix iTunes On Windows 10 Not Detecting / Recognizing iPhone, Here’s How
- Set Windows 10 File Explorer To Open This PC Instead Of Quick Access, Here’s How | Redmond Pie
- Libraries – Move above This PC in Windows 8.1/Windows 10
And an invaluable aid to troubleshooting and customizing Windows 10: Windows 10 Forums
Finally, some concerns about privacy issues with Windows 10 have been expressed in a number of places. See this for some clarification: Windows 10 Scan-and-Block Piracy Fears May Be Unfounded